19/03/2010

The weekend starts here!

Well, today has flown by. Not that I'm complaining!

In an hour's time, I'll be on my way home from work, ready for the weekend to start. I might even have a cheeky glass of vino.

I went out last night with S and H and we had a really nice time. We just went for dinner, but had a good giggle and catch up. We haven't all been together since my wedding in November, which doesn't really count because they weren't quite my priority. So, in fact, it was March of last year that we had a good catch up. And, a lot has changed in that time!

S used to be our boss, and he spent a lot of time with me about 2 years ago helping me with my confidence / self belief. I hadn't told him about my depression (I think I was a bit embarrassed) but we chatted about it last night, and he's given me some things to think about to help me keep on track with that. We also chatted about the positive thinking and mind sets when it comes to driving lessons, too, and I'm definitely going to use that - if I think I can drive, and can pass my test, I will.

It all sounds totally airy fairy, and there was a time when I would've rolled my eyes if someone else was telling me this, but because I trust him, and he's helped me before, I suppose I think that anything's worth a try!

Anyway, it was good to catch up with them both.

I've got another manic weekend this weekend - I've taken the be-more-social goal to extremes, I think, and not really given myself / us any time to chill out... Never mind though, it will be nice to see people.

I must get to the gym tomorrow and Sunday, though - it's been to long, and this weight isn't going to lose itself....

Till Sunday!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment