08/03/2010

Chit-chat

Well, I've been thinking a lot over the last few days about to whether to take my doctor up on her offer of prescribing me Orlistat.

On the one hand, it would be great to have the little "boost". On the other hand, I'm quite stubborn, and almost see it as cheating. I want to lose the weight on my own!!

But, that's not happening - it seems no matter how hard I try, I regularly fall off the wagon and struggle to stick to it.

I was also supposed to start back at the gym yesterday, and failed spectacularly at that, too. I'm already out of the house for 11 hours a day, and I'm shattered by the time I get home from work, so the chances of me going to the gym for an hour in the evening are slim, at best!

The frustrating thing is that I spend time every other weekend cooking and freezing meals so that we have healthy, quick meals ready to go when we get home from work, but at least once a week we'll decide that we don't fancy what's waiting for us, and stop at the supermarket to get something else. It's ALWAYS unhealthy, and it ALWAYS costs us money that we can't afford to spend, but we're both as bad as each other, and really should do better!

I chatted to Mr B about it all last night - Orlistat, the diet, the gym - all of it.
The decisions we made were:
* I won't have Orlistat for another month, will stick to my diet, and will exercise more
* We won't stop at the supermarket, unless it is an emergency (chocolate does not an emergency make!)
* We WILL eat the food that I've already cooked, no matter how boring and repetitive the meals are!
* I will start going to the gym again, even if it's only an hour on Saturday and Sunday. I'm paying for it, and can't really afford to be spending money shopping, so may as well spend some time there on a Saturday!
* I will start using the wii fit in the evenings. Even if it's only 15 minutes on Just Dance, in competition with Mr B, it's better than sitting on my arse doing nothing!
* Mr B will be strict / tell me off when I start being a horror!

I'm not going to lose weight without making some serious changes, so I'm making them!
As from this morning, when I had home-made muesli-type stuff for my breakfast.

I WILL GET THIN!!!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment