09/04/2010

Hanging

Well, I'm suffering a bit today.

I'm not really much of a drinker. While some would call me a light weight, I would say it's because alcohol doesn't actually agree with me. I don't mean in a I'm-hungover-and-don't-want-to-admit-it way, either. It actually makes me quite ill, for long (2 - 3 days) time - I get the sweats, shakes and everything. In fact, I think it's probably linked to my blood sugars / PCOS...

Anyway, it's so much of a problem that, on the most part, I try not to drink anymore. I say try, because I'm not very successful at it.

As last night demonstrates... I had a networking event that I had to attend with work, and (quite naughtily) they had only provided alcoholic drinks. I know I could've asked for something non-alocoholic, but I didn't like to make a fuss.

So, I ended up drinking a few glasses of wine, eating some food, doing some activities and drinking more wine... We stayed at the hotel overnight, and I was really excited about the lie-in I would be getting this morning. For the past 4 months, I've been in the office at 7.15, so getting out of bed at 6am. Today, I didn't have to be in until 9am, and would be staying at a hotel closer to the office, so wouldn't need to get out of bed until 7.30.

Absolute bliss.

Or so I thought.

I hadn't thought about the fact that, in order for it to count as a lie in, I probably have to go to bed at normal time. I didn't. It was gone midnight before my weary (and slightly fuzzy) head hit the pillow.

When I got out of bed 7 and a half drink-riddled hours later (having had to get up for the toilet twice in that time) I still felt a little bit tipsy, and definitely didn't feel any of the benefits of my "lie in".

Now, at the end of the day, I have a banging headache, and I'm knackered. We have to get my mum from the station, and we're going out for dinner, so it's likely to be a late one tonight too!

Joy!

xx

That'll learn me.

No comments:

Post a Comment