26/02/2010

It's F..F...Friday!

I'm feeling much, much better now, so that's a good thing. However, I have passed it on to Mr B, who is feeling particularly sorry for himself at the moment - he's taken today off as sick leave.

I wish I had. It's the last day of the month, and that means it's Target Time. We're £15k off of target at the moment, and that's the healthiest things have been for about 2 years. You'd expect the office to be full of people, doing everything they can do bring in the contracts and help us hit target. Luckily, they've all emailed me with a list of things to do to help them get their commission. I am totally pissed off - they haven't considered what work I might have to do, or that there's no one in the office (there are 3 of us here today) to answer the phones - they've just assumed it will get done. So annoying.

Enough about work though. Mr B and I have started to get a bit excited about our holiday... It's still 2 months away, but I have a feeling it's going to come around really quick! We got married in November, and although we had a week away at the time, it wasn't our "real" honeymoon. We were very lucky to get to go to Prague, but had decided we wanted a once-in-a-lifetime trip, too, and could afford to do it straight after the wedding.
Anway, we're off to Kenya in May for just over 2 weeks. The first week, we'll be on Safari in the Masai Mara, and the second week is a week of total relaxation at a luxury tented retreat. I can't wait.
However, I was looking into the Visas we need to be able to go yesterday, and I'm in a little bit of a panic. The forms say that you have to have a passport that's been valid for 3 months... I only changed the name on mine at the beginning of this month, so it's going to be just short of that. I'm really worried they're going to make me do an about-turn when I get there and make me come home!
I'm going to call the Kenyan Embassy today and find out what I need to do - in reality, people must get married / change their names all the time, so how do they get round it!? There must be a way!

Right, I'm off. Spose I should go and get on with everyone else's work, really... !!
xx

1 comment:

  1. Take both passports with you plus a certified copy of your marriage certificate, that will be sufficient to show that you have had A valid passport for several years but you had to get a new one after you got married. The marriage certificate will help you to prove that, but don't take the original as it is difficult to replace once lost.

    ReplyDelete