19/02/2010

I'm back from the doctors (oh, and can you tell I'm "working" from home! Ha!)

It didn't go nearly as badly as I'd anticipated. My weight has stayed the same, which obviously isn't as good as losing, but isn't as bad as gaining, either! She wants me to stay as I am on all my tablets, because I mentioned that I'm struggling to find motivation and feel "a bit pants" at the moment. She (rightly) said that it would be silly to lessen my antidepressants if I'm feeling like that, so to continue as I am. Not great, but also not as bad as upping them again.

Now that's out of the way, I can look forward to my weekend! I'm seeing my mum tomorrow, for the first time since Christmas, and can't wait. It's going to be really fun, too as we've got a photo session together. Not something that either of us would usually go for, but we won a competition. Basically, we got collared by one of those people on the streets that want to ask you questions, and I was in too good a mood to say "go away" (I'd just been for my first wedding dress fitting!) so we did it. Didn't think anything of it until we received a phone call on the eve of my wedding to say we'd won!
So, that's tomorrow - we get our hair and make up done, and have lots of piccies taken. It will probably cost us a fortune to buy them (or they'll make us look like a pair of hookers!) but we'll see what happens! Depending on how they turn out, I may even put a couple on here!

Mum will then stay with us tomorrow night, before we take her back home on Sunday, and see my brother. I can't wait. Weirdly, it's my brother I miss the most. We used to fight like cat and dog when I lived at home, but now I don't live with him, we get on much better. And I miss him more than my mum because I rarely speak to him, but speak with my mum at least twice a week. My brother was 16 when I left home, and will turn 21 in June. Every time I see him I'm struck by how much more of a man he is. He's not a little boy anymore, and I'm very proud of him.

Anyway, I should pretend to do a bit more work for another half hour or so, and then I'm heading off to enjoy and evening of R&R - I'm home alone tonight as Mr B is on a work night out. Luckily, he's driving, so I don't need to worry about what sort of state he'll be in when he gets back!

I'll post on Sunday, probably, but don't hold it against me if I don't get round to it till Monday!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment