04/01/2011

The Theory...

The theory was that, while I was unemployed, I'd exercise and lose weight. I could walk to the gym (it would be my warm up), work out and then walk home (my cool down).

The reality is that, today, I thought I'd scope out the best route to walk to the gym - there are two options, y'see - one is shorter, but hilly, the other is longer but flat... Which would be my route of choice?!

Anyway, I set off on my walk, which Mr B thought would take about 30 mins each way. I decided to go short and hilly on the way there.

Half way there, and I thought I'd died. Turns out that hefting all this extra weight around isn't all that easy, and I haven't really done it enough of late to realise just how difficult it is!

I was supposed to go to the door of the gym to get an accurate time-age, but it didn't quite work like that. As soon as short and hilly crossed paths with long and flat, I started to walk back.

By the time I got home, I thought I was going to die!! I had cramp in my legs and the bottom of my back / top of my bum was is agony.

Needless to say, I wasn't carrying my gym kit, either. And the thought of doing an hour long workout in the middle of my walk nearly made me throw up.

HOWEVER! The whole walk, there and back, only took me 30 mins in total, NOT 30 minutes each way. AND that's 30 minutes more exercise than I would've had if I sat on my arse in the office.

In other news:

I've applied for 2 jobs and crossed two things off of my Never Ending To Do List, as well as cooking a casserole.

And that, folks, is my first day of unemployment!

Don't tell anyone, but I've had quite a nice day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment