02/03/2011

I don't mean to be ungrateful, but...

This lovely selection of "goodies" are the gifts that my in-laws gave me. I should point out that it was my 27th birthday, (not 57th!) and that they've known me for almost 10 years now.

1. Handkerchiefs. Because what I really want to do is walk around with my snot wrapped in cotton in my pocket.

2. A photo pen. I've always thought that my life was missing something, and now I know what - a pen that's a photo frame, too! Genius idea, and my life is now finally complete.

3. A note block. In theory, not a bad present. In reality - nowhere near my style, and not the sort of thing I use.

4. A candle in the shape of flowers. The positive side to this is that, once I start burning it, it will just turn into melted waxy mess. It's difficult to convey just how hideous this is, to be honest!

I also got (although they're not in the picture) some mats for my bathroom - one for around the bottom of the toilet (gross!) and one for by the side of the bath. They're baby blue. My bathroom is turquoise and white.

I know their hearts are in the right place, but, in all honesty, I really wish they'd save their time and money, and not buy these things. It also completely baffles me where they actually get this stuff from!?

Although... I can give it a month and wang it all on ebay!!

I should point out that they did give me some books and give me some money so I can go shopping. They're not all bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment