26/05/2010

Why is it...

... that you have to have "sweets for the journey" when you're going a long way!? I don't think I've ever been on a journey that's lasted more than 2 hours, without sweets for on the way. Why are they necessary!? I don't sit at my desk eating sweets all day because I'm going to be there for more than two hours!! It's crazy!
Hang on - this might just be a me thing? Is this something I've picked up from my weird family? Please, let me know!

That was just one of the things I was thinking about on the 4 hour journey to my nanna's funeral yesterday. It was a long, tiring, and emotional day, but not all bad. My dad, brother and I spent a fair amount of time reminiscing about the many summers we'd spent at my nanna's house, and the funny things that had happened while we were there. We also found some letters that my brother and I had written to her - one from my brother saying he liked school made him cringe more than any of the others!

On the TTC front - I've been temping / charting for 4 days now. It seems to be going well, but I think yesterday's reading was a bit squiffy because of the heat in the hotel room we slept in. Having said that, I think I had a positive OPK yesterday (it's hard to tell - it was a feint line, and it said that a feint line was a negative result. I've never had a feint line as a negative before, though, so I don't really know what to make of it..). Anyway, if I was ovulating, that would explain the spike in my temperature. It's dropped again this morning, though, and I'll do another OPK later, and see what's going on.

It's all so confusing!

I'm also incredibly pissed off with myself and how I'm looking at the moment. I've put on so much weight, nothing's fitting properly, and it's doing my head in. Really need to get back on track with things. I've got really bad water retention at the moment though (and have since we got back from holiday, really) and I don't think that's helping, either. I need to get some tablets or something in an attempt to flush it out, because my little puffed up toes are doing my head in now!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment