20/11/2010

The Chat...

We knew it would happen - the only surprise was that it hadn't happened sooner.

We spoke to Mr B's parents about the baby situation and my PCOS...

Mr B got a new car yesterday - it's bigger and a bit more of a "family" car, and it prompted some questions from the in laws. He had mentioned my PCOS to them in the past, but not in a great amount of detail, and didn't explain to them what it would mean from a fertility perspective either.

He was there on his own on Thursday and they asked him about it - they were curious, but didn't want to raise it in from of me and upset me. Mr B explained everything as best he could, but I felt that I needed to mention it, too.

When we were round there earlier we had a good chat about it. I explained that it isn't impossible, but isn't going to be a quick and simple thing for us, either. I also explained that it breaks my heart that I might not be able to make Mr B a daddy. I ended up getting up a little bit upset, and my FIL had a little cry too, bless him!

I also told them that there's a chance that we'll need to have treatment, and a possibility that if we do, we won't tell them. It's a personal thing, and if we struggle with it (which I'm sure we will - we're only human!) we're not going to want to talk about it all the time.

They told us that there's absolutely no pressure from them and they won't ask us any more about it, but we can talk to them as and when we want to.

It feels like a huge weight has been lifted because we talked to them about it. I knew the conversation was always going to come, and was always a bit nervous about what their reaction would be. But it's done now, and I feel much better about it.

I'm also excited about the car, too - it's going to be the car that takes us to our scans, it'll take us to our antenatal classes, it'll be the car that we bring our baby home in.

That's what I'm telling myself, anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment