12/03/2012

Why Can't I Just Do it!

I know what I need to do.

I know how to do it.

I know why I'm doing it.

So why can't I just do it!

Let me put it another way:

I know that I need to lose weight by following a sensible diet and exercising and that by doing it I'll be helping my PCOS symptoms and improving our chances of having a baby. So, why can't I just do it!!

I gave up smoking relatively easily. I consider myself an ex smoker - I haven't craved a cigarette in such a long time that I don't even remember what it was like to be one of those people that had to nip out for a smoke on a night out - I really don't.

So why can't I apply that same will power to losing weight. The end goal of losing weight is a much bigger (and better) one than the end goal of stopping smoking (which, at the time was to save money).

Maybe that's what the problem is.

Still.

2 comments:

  1. I think some times we are to hard on ourselves and we just need to step back and look at things from a distance. Take a breath! Lose the weight slowly and it will work for you! join a suport group!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in the same boat. I absolutely hate working out. I had pcos too, I lost the weight, got on clomid and we conceived. But now,4 months after having my son, I am a few pounds under my pre-preg weight but i'm much more "soft" and I absolutely HATE it.. but I can't get away from my sweet tooth. I have the means to lose the weight (work out equipment at home) but I honestly cannot find the energy and motivation! I just need that one time to start and maybe i'll get hooked? or maybe I'll pass by some oreos and have them instead ;)

    ReplyDelete