02/12/2010

The week that was!

It's been a pretty crazy week in the life of Mrs B!

On Monday, I handed in my notice at the job I've been in for more than five years, without a new one to go to. It was a tough decision that I thought long and hard about, and 5 minutes before going in to the meeting with my manager, I wasn't sure if I was making the right decision. Less than five minutes after I'd done it, though, I was certain that it was.

They made no attempt to change my mind, didn't try to keep me, aren't interested (apparently) in understanding the reasons behind my decision.

I was a little bit disappointed that, after 5 years of bloody hard work, they didn't even think that it was worth asking me if there was anything they could do to keep me.

I guess if someone's leaving with nothing else to go to, though, it's pretty obvious that there's no going back...

On Tuesday I had an interview for a job at a company local to where I live. At the moment, Mr B has to drop me off / pick me up because I don't drive, and I'm working a 10 hour day every day. In contrast, it took me 30 minutes to walk home after my interview - in snow / ice / dark, too, so I think on a "good" day (and when I've done it a bit more often and my fitness levels are better!) I could do it in 20. Awesome.
The job's a 6 month maternity cover contract, so nothing too long term, but it's with a massive organisation, so I think it would be a great foot in the door anyway. Please, keep everything crossed for me!

We also made a pretty big (but very sensible) decision about TTC this week, too. We've decided that, because I will be officially unemployed in 3 weeks time and I don't know when (or where) my next pay packets coming from, it wouldn't be great timing if I were to fall pregnant. So, we've decided that we're going to take a break from TTC. That's not to say that we're going to use contraceptives, but we're not going to jump to it when we think I'm OV-ing, like we have been doing lately.

I still haven't managed to get a new thermometer, so I haven't temped for more than a week.
I know I'm CD 54, though, and I think I OV'd a couple of days ago, which would make this cycle very similar to / the same as the last one, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Right, I've got a handover bible to write for work, so I best get cracking... !

No comments:

Post a Comment