27/01/2014

Inside, I'm crying

There is literally so much going on in my head that I want to get out that I just don't know where to start. And if I do, I don't know that I'd be able to stop. And I'm not sure that this is the right place, either. But I'm going for it. In brief, at least

ooOOoo

My brother is doing much better. We've talked (in so much as I said "How're you doing?" and he said "Fine, but I don't want to talk about it anymore"). I'm incredibly proud of him and the way he's getting his shit together. He's a nicer person to speak to and spend time with, and he's dealing with stuff really well.
It's weird how other people's opinions differ to your own though, isn't it? I was telling my friend about what's been going on with him lately, and mentioned that he couldn't afford to come and spend a weekend with Mr B and I and get away from home. She replied with "What, he can't afford to come and see you, but he can afford to go and get tattooed? Seems a bit shit". Actually, no. He gets a MASSIVE discount at the tattooist due to the amount of money he's spent there in the last few years, and the business he's put their way. AND I think getting tattooed, for my brother, is a way of making himself feel better. Whatever. I get it, and I don't care what any body else thinks. I love him, I'm proud of him, and I think he's awesome.

ooOOoo

We went back to the consultants last week. It was as vile as last time, except I spoke up for myself this time. I told her that I thought that she was rude and dismissive, and no matter what she thought, or whether I'd lost the weight or not, I was a human being with feelings and she had no right to speak to me like I was a piece of sh*t.
I was angry.
She was shocked.
I cried.
She apologised.
I win.

Ultimately, we're no further along, though. They still won't do anything to help until I've dropped at least three stone. The consultant suggested that I see my personal trainer more than once a week - she didn't want to pay for it, though, so that won't be happening.
I went to the drs afterwards, and they've given me a prescription for Orlistat to help with my weight loss mission. It's not the first time I've been offered it, but it's the first time I've said yes. I feel like a failure for saying yes, and haven't yet "got round" to getting the prescription filled. But, if I want a baby, I need to lose the weight. And if diet and exercise alone isn't helping, I need to bite the bullet and try everything that they're offering. Except a gastric band. Which is offered far too easily, in my opinion.
I was also prescribed a tablet to bring on a period, because I haven't had one since Feb. Although I have been spotting since. Great. Except it means I don't remember the last time we did the deed, which isn't helpful when you're trying for a baby!

ooOOoo

It was my brother in law's girlfriend's 30th birthday yesterday and he organised a surprise meal for her. Not long after they got there, they announced that he'd proposed yesterday afternoon. NOBODY was surprised. They've been together for 18 months, she moved in after 6, and actually we're surprised it took this long. 

What we were surprised about (and a little bit confused by, if I'm totally honest) is that they booked the wedding venue TWO WEEKS AGO. BEFORE HE HAD PROPOSED. So she knew he was going to propose, but not when. 

Oh, and the wedding's in June. This year. So that's 6 months time. 

It all screams shotgun to me. Nothing has been mentioned about a baby, but when he told us it was this June, it was my first assumption. And the fact that they haven't said she isn't is a bit odd, too. I nearly asked but knew that if she was I wouldn't be able to stay there, in a room full of strangers and pretend to be thrilled for them. So I didn't ask. But I want to know. 
My mother in law has said that it's "a question that needs to be asked", so I don't think it'll be long before she's asked them. 
I'm predicting an August baby. 

And a lot of heartache heading my way. 

ooOOoo

So that's me, and my tales of woe. 

For now.

Peace out. 

xx

11 comments:

  1. I had exactly the same feelings of woe when I found out my sister in law was pregnant. I was thrilled for them as she had a major organ transplant a year or two before and they deserve all the happiness in the world. On the other hand I was crying inside, wondering if this baby would be rubbed in my face the whole time.

    Thankfully sis-in-law has been fantastically thoughtful throughout and any sadness I did have for my 'failure' to be able to conceive has been eradicated by the joy the little bundle of joy brings to my life.

    If your soon-to-be sister in law is pregnant, work through your feelings in your own time, talk to your partner about it, and seek support from those who know your struggle. I'm sure when the time comes you will be a lot stronger than you gave yourself credit for. At least, that's what happened to me. Hugs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leah.
    I know I should be happy for them, whatever, but it feels really hard. I already feel like I've "failed" by not being able to make my mum a Nanny, or hubs a daddy and this feels like a massive kick in the vagina to go with it (if, indeed, I am right!).
    And I feel like an absolute trout bag for feeling like it, but sometimes you can't help the way you feel. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Next Blog button giveth, and the Next Blog button taketh away. Bye...

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are offering customer services to our customers via phone and the best thing about this is the decreasing of the gaps between our customers and us. Whenever you have any difficulty in running our security software you can call us at our Avast Customer Service 18554991999 for seek help and resolve your queries.
    Avast Customer Service

    ReplyDelete
  6. Apple MacBook Pro clients with the updates and propelled determinations in 13-inch and 15-inch PCs. The higher-end 13inches Apple MacBook Pro that accompanied OLED Touch bar has now acquainted with new for all intents and purposes model with very little changes.
    macbook support number

    ReplyDelete
  7. Webroot Antivirus is the strong antivirus software which provides ultimate protection for your PC. The webroot free antivirus software defends your PC against viruses, threats, malware, spyware, ransom ware, and other online threats. For any query you can click on the given link www.webroot.com/safe.

    If you want to download setup of MS Office, so you can download it from here Office.com/setup.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Office 2019, 365, Step by Step Office Setup with item key Visit office.com/arrangement and adhere to the directions for office setup.After marking in, follow the means that match the kind of record you marked in with. From the Office landing page select Install Office.if you have any inquiry identified with ms office at that point reach us.

    office.com/setup

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can learn from the help of our blog on how to Remove, Add and edit Credential Manager in Windows. You can read it by click on the following link "How to Remove, Add and edit Credential Manager in Windows"

    ReplyDelete